Adobe has announced the Public Beta of Adobe ColdFusion 2018 is now available. This release brings an all new Performance Monitoring Toolset that is available with both the Standard and Enterprise versions (So I've been told). There's plenty of language improvements and updates and a new Public Beta of ColdFusion Builder 2018. Hurry up while supplies last!
There a large number of changes including an all new ColdFusion Administrator. Here's a partial list of new things according to Adobe:
- ColdFusion (2018 release) has a new User Interface. The new interface is based on a tiled interface. We have also enriched the search experience on the Administrator portal.
- We have removed Server Monitor. We have introduced a tool called Performance Monitoring Toolset, which is more intuitive, includes more features, and provides better visibility of your application's performance.
- We have made significant improvements to the core language features. Here is a brief list of the changes:
- Introduced NULL support
- Introduced closures in tags
- Introduced Asynchronous programming using Future
- Enhanced Object-Oriented Programming with the following:
- Abstract components and methods
- Final component, method, and variable
- Default functions in interfaces
- Semi-colons are now optional in a cfscript code
- Introduced named parameters in functions
- Introduced slicing in arrays
- New operator support using name-spaces for java, webservices, dotnet com, corba, and cfc
- Introduced support for typed arrays
- Introduced string literals and support for numeric member functions
- Introduced negative indices support for arrays
- New functions- ArrayFirst, Arraylast, QueryDeleteColumn, and QueryDeleteRow
- Enhanced CLI and introduced REPL.
- Introduced REST Playground application for testing your REST APIs.
- Added support for REST PATCH verb.
- Filter fields from JSON request.
- Enhance performance through Caching with the newly added engines:
- Using a custom cache plugin
- New Admin APIs to support the caching engines
- Hibernate upgraded to ver 5.2
- New configuration settings in wsconfig tool
- Updates to ColdFusion Builder.
This is a huge update! Get it while it's hot!
There are no comments for this entry.Add Comment Subscribe to Comments