First - Yes, we are still looking for CF help so keep sending those resumes. We've added 5 or 6 devs in the last month or so but we have more to fill.
We have a need for a genuine design expert to help with a large e-commerce site. This will be full-time remote work for the foreseeable future. Good salary and benefits and a great team. You will also be the seed for a new group here at CFWT - a design/UI group. Here's what you need:
- Strong CSS Skills - we don't a dabbler or a "just get by dev" (like the muse :) - we need a true CSS expert. You should be a 5 on a scale of 1 to 5.
- CSS framework experience - Knowing bootstrap or Foundation or one of the other frameworks will be a plus.
- ColdFusion - it is a ColdFusion site and we'll be integrating CF templates, so knowledge of CF will be needed. You don't need to be an expert - we have tons of those - but you will need to look at CF Templates and know what's there without fainting.
- Team-Communication Skills - this is always needed but especially here. You will be retooling and maintaining a large, active site with other team members doing other important things as well. You'll need to coordinate and help while you move the design forward.
More of the Skinny
There's some stuff we need you to be able to do in order to be hired.
- You can't be religious about this framework or that tech. We do what we need to do to meet customer needs - not our own nice-to-have opinions
- You should have a gentle sense of humor that blesses and encourages people. We interact with respect and good-natured ribbing, but we don't cross the line - indeed we try to stay a good way back from it. We love and encourage each other. We are striving for an inclusive and caring culture.
- You should routinely maintain and enhance your skills set - you will be given the opportunity to work on lots of code, different versions, platforms, integrations, libraries, and SDLC organization and procedure. Every one of these is a growth opportunity. If that just made you say "ooh!!" then we are a good fit.
- You should either have or be seeking balance - We like devs who have a full life. If you enjoy fencing, equestrian sports, skydiving, guitar playing, dog training, macrame, Golf, racquetball, Mandarin, Politics (careful!), family outings, child-rearing, school plays, choirs, baking (all activities enjoyed by folks on our team) then we think those things make you a better developer! We are not looking for folks who can't put down their laptop and smell the roses. It's not about our profit margin, it's about creating a margin for YOU to enjoy life and family.
Contacting the Muse
If you want to take a shot send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (402) 408-3733 ext 105 and ask for the Muse or ask Rachel (who will probably answer) how to apply. She'll fill you in.