If you know who we are then you know we try to be all things CF to all people. If you are advanced CF programmer for sure we want to talk to you! CF is awesome and we are the world's number one booster of the platform and language. But lately we are looking for more than just CF.
One thing in particular is coming up again and again - ReactJS. If you are a good CF programmer with more than an academic knowledge of React, we want you! We have multiple opportunities that are all weirdly satisfying projects. We are willing to find a way to "make it work" if you have React chops.
If you are JUST programming in React we may be able to use you as well. It is easily our most pressing need. Of course, we are always looking for other things too - UI/UX, CSS expertise, other JS libraries like Vuejs (also popular at the moment). We have a sales pipeline that is full to bursting and we will definitely be scrambling to hire. We are a GREAT place to work and (not to brag) but people love me! Well... my wife loves me - and 2 of my children. I'll take it!
Here's the skinny:
- Yes you work from home but if you are a slob we encourage you to use a filter on video calls. Cats are popular.
- You must be located in the US and legal to work here. This is something that often pains us but it is customer driven. We love our friends in Asia, Europe, and the sub-continent.
- Yes the position is W2 with benefits after a short (30 day) trial period (sometimes negotiable - I'm looking at you React people). You do have the option to remain a contractor if that is your jam, but it is not our preference.
- Yes benefits include health care.
- No our health care won't cover your terrarium, but you should really find out what is living in there.
- Yes there are other benefits - 401k, dental, PTOs, disability, life insurance, and busy, vibrant culture that is irreverent while still being gentle.
- Our work metrics are clear and meeting them is straightforward. You will always know where you stand.
- We are customer-driven and we usually work within the SDLC frameworks provided by our customers. We have a lot of influence though - and you will have the opportunity to move code and applications in a positive direction.
- Yes you will have to take a coding test. The test involves logging into a VM and coding through a few simple tasks. Everything is part of the test. We are watching - including the part where you say "what is a VPN?". The focus is patterns of behavior and general problem solving and knowledge. It is also timed. We need folks who know the sweet spot between pristine code and slapdash.
If you are interested the fastest way
to engage us is to send a resume to email@example.com. That's a list that goes to me and our management genies. We will respond quickly with information to get you moving.
More about CFWT
We are not recruiters. We are not generalists either - we focus on the CF stack and try to know "all things ColdFusion". Yes, you will work with and for customers but we care about developers and work culture. We try to find what makes you tick and we hope to provide a work environment where you can grow. We want you to want to come to work every day. We are looking for developers that match our culture of Can-do, Caring, Communication, and Competency. Here are some items that you need in order to fit in here.
- You should be able to setup multiple local environments on your own with a minimum of assistance. Probably this means words like "Apache" or "IIS" shouldn't scare you too much. Yes you will be exposed to ______ (windows/mac) even if you are religiously devoted to ________ (windows/mac). We don't make the rules.
- You should not be prone to getting bogged down during set up or ramp up. We need folks who can get up to speed reasonably fast. We have been at this a long time so our expectations are tempered, but we know bogged down when we see it. ;)
- Communication is key. We like folks who can write well and know how to show empathy and collaborate with others. Most of our customers use some form of agile, so being on time to stand ups and prepared to respond is key. You will also be required to record (log) your hours on a daily basis. We make it easy but a surprising number of developers struggle with this task.
- You should be able to work with SVN or GIT and sometimes other source control products.
- You should Maintain positive attitude - We interact with respect and gentle humor. Snark is minimized and encouragement is the order of the day. If you are quirky and self deprecating that will be a plus and you will love it here.
- You should Maintain and enhance your skills set - you will be given the opportunity to work on lots of code, different versions, platforms, integrations, libraries and SDLC organization and procedure. Everyone of these is a growth opportunity. If that has you licking your chops climb aboard.
- We like Balanced Developers - Our devs have a full life. They ride horses, snowshoe, skydive, sword fight, play instruments, love dogs, golf, learn languages, rear children, go to plays, like to bake, fish, hunting, equestrian sports, skydiving, guitar playing, dog training, macramé, Golf, racquetball, Mandarin, Politics (careful!), family outings, child rearing, school plays, choirs, baking, snowshoeing, ice fishing, hunting, aquaponics, mudding, and the list goes on. We love it all! We think those things make you a better developer and it makes us want to be around you. We aren't looking for 80 hour a week developers slavishly devoted to coding. We are looking for eclectic, interesting people who enjoy coding and want to do it for a living.
Hopefully this helps explain how we operate enough to pique your interest. If you want to take a shot send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (402) 408-3733 ext 105 and ask for the Muse. We look forward to hearing from you!